I have to admit that while I've been connected with Rehab Services in several states. They have always pushed Jaws. I didn't learn much about WE until myself and a friend were building a website back in 2004. There were several things that I just could not do with Jaws, but he was able to do with WE. So I became a WE user in 2004 and haven't used Jaws again untill now.

-----Original Message----- From: Sky Mundell via Talk
Sent: Monday, May 29, 2017 3:07 PM
To: 'Darrell Bowles' ; 'Window-Eyes Discussion List'
Subject: RE: Announcement: Brian Hartgen Training Course,Over Easy:The Switch from window-Eyes to JAWS! BeingHeld Online 6/1/17 at 2pm Eastern, 7pm UK Time

OK. The real truth is that we have been shafted by the company who made
JAWS, pluss the blind organizations. The true reason why organizations
favored JAWS above Window-Eyes was because it brought them more profit. The
venders who sold Window-Eyes, supernova etc. always put JAWS at the top of
their lists. Plus the venders deliberately lied about Window-Eyes too. As an
example, their was a girlfriend of a list member, named Carol who was on the
list,  and one of her relatives was blind, and he used Window-Eyes so he
recommended it over JAWS. She got Window-Eyes no problems. Then, she went
and got a new computer and a new copy of Window-Eyes, and the assessor that
she met told her that Window-Eyes was going bust and that there was no point
in going with it. This guy worked at the blind school in Brantford, Ontario.
Carol told him that she was under no circumstances taking JAWS and that she
had a Window-Eyes expert as a boyfriend and she eventually got Window-Eyes
with two SMA's. Also, venders for the blind would also lie about the free
version of Window-Eyes for office. They would say things like the free
version doesn't work with office, it only works as a demo, it only lasts 6
months, it only lasts for 90 days, etc. These were regular lies told by the
venders. It was the profit factor, not the product. The venders favored JAWS
because it brought them more profit. That is the true story of why
Window-Eyes  never made it up to the top.
gbow...@msn.com]