-----Original Message-----
From: Talk [mailto:talk-bounces+rod_hutton=hotmail....@lists.window-eyes.com]
On Behalf Of Rebecca Lineberger via Talk
Sent: June 4, 2017 8:01 AM
To: Window-Eyes Discussion List <talk@lists.window-eyes.com>
Subject: JAWS, Window-Eyes, Copying In Google Chrome, Problem Resolved

I posted the below problem several days ago.  I post the solution now in
case it proves helpful to someone else.  There's so much to learn when
switching to a new screen reader that it will take a while to sort out all
the settings.

Using the insert v quick settings menu when in Chrome, I changed the "select
and copy full content using on-screen highlight"

"from virtual cursor."

All the article now appears in my Word document when I paste it in.

It was not necessary to change the setting in Internet Explorer.  Who knows
about Edge, when we get there.  Smile.

Also, yesterday, in trying to gain access to a "Play" graphic in JAWS, I
resolved the same issue in Window-Eyes, where I'd previously had access and
then lost it.  I'd had to switch to Chrome, but then it disappeared there
too.  Web pages are updated (redesigned) as are browsers, and accessibility
is not always guaranteed with the "improved" versions.

The learning never ends.  Smile.

Rebecca

To: Window-Eyes Discussion List (talk@lists.window-eyes.com)
Subject: JAWS, Window-Eyes, Copying In Google Chrome

I've tried repeatedly to copy several articles on different web sites using
JAWS and Google Chrome.  I tried selecting text with the shift down-arrow,
copying and pasting, an, when that did not work, setting a temporary place
marker, using JAWS find to locate the last word in the article, and placing
a marker through the layered keystroke menu and copying and pasting.  I get
a copy confirmation but when I paste the article into Word 2010 or NotePad,
I get a few lines but nothing more.

When I switch to Window-Eyes and use the F8 method to copy plain text, the
article is all there.

If I then bring up the article in Internet Explorer, the copy function works
as it should in JAWS.  Has anyone else experienced this.  I realize JAWS is
probably putting all its efforts into making Edge accessible, but I would
hope that Chrome too could be made fully functional.

There are some things that JAWS does better than Window-Eyes.  I wish the
best of both programs could be combined into one.  Smile.

For anyone who wants to play with one of the articles I was trying to copy,
here is the link:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/06/black-holes-gravitational-waves-s
pace-genius-science/

Rebecca

Windows 10 and latest versions of Window-Eyes and JAWS.

Experience is not what happens to you; it's what you do with what happens to
you.

Aldous Huxley