From: Sky Mundell via Talk
Sent: Tuesday, Jul 11, 2017 6:54 PM EST
To: 'Pamela Dominguez'; 'Window-Eyes Discussion List'
Subject: jaws list

Hello Pan.  That was because in the 1990's, Henter-Joyce, now called VFO,
sued any state agencies who did not purchase JAWS to either buy JAWS or be
sued.  Originally, When the earlier screen readers were coming out, the VR
counsollers said they would start out offering all of the screen readers,
such as Artic, Widow-Eyes, Window Bridge, etc to clients, but then they'd
end up pushing everybody towards JAWS because they weren't able to really
support all of them and these VR professionals were still worried about
being sued by HJ so it was a combination of the lawsuits that HJ filed
around that got them using JAWS and only JAWS.