Honestly, it's been a few years since I set up my Thunderbird. So this
will be a total guesswork. But for nothing else, make sure the settings
in the View menu are correct.

Under Toolbars, make sure only the Menu bar, and Status bar are checked.
All other features should be unchecked.

Under Layout, you might want to go for the Classic view.

Under Folders, try set it to Unified.

Under Today's Pane, make sure it is set to None.

Since you have Thunderbird working on your machine, it might be a
workaround for you to make a copy of your Thunderbird folder, under
%Appdata% in Windows Explorer. Make sure to delete your mail folders
from the copy.

Then, let your friend replace her Thunderbird folder, with your copy.
This should ensure she will get the same setup as you. She might have to
enter her account details anew.

Should you need further steps on the folder copying, let me know, and I
might be able to pull together some step-by-step instructions on the matter.