Only have tried Chrome as an alternative, in a few cases, for my
browsing. Might be OK, though I am not fully confident with its behavior.

Recently, I have tested it for playing the online version of our local
radio over here. It plays OK in Internet Explorer. But when the same
website is loaded in Chrome, I experience a couple of issues.

First of all, the arrow keys - which are used for raising and lowering
the volume of the playback, are EXTREMELY slow in response. You press
the arrow-key, and it takes something like 5seconds or more, before the
volume actually is adjusted. In Internet Explorer, the volume adjustment
is applied imediately.

Alt-tabbing away from the Chrome window, and then back into it, focus is
more often than desireable lost. I still have to figure how to get back
to focus. When such loss of focus occurs in other browsers, I have
learned to hit Alt-D, to get to the address bar, and then F6, to get
back to the contents window. Just about always works. But in Chrome,
Alt-d takes me to the address bar, yet F6 does seem to have no effect. I
tried to hit the tab-key, hoping it would take me anywhere, but it did
seem to have no effect, though I gave it several seconds.

As the radio station plays, the current song is being displayed and
updated, a given spot on the page. In both Internet Explorer and
Firefox, this section of the page is continiously being updated, and
WinEyes works just fine in reading it. With Chrome, the lines are stuck,
where they are when the page is initially loaded. 15 minutes later, it
still shows the song that played back when the page was opened, and no
updates takes place.

Attempting to close the Chrome window, when the radio plays, often
results in nothing happening. Have to open Task Manager, and manually
kill Chrome to stop the playback.

It might be my computer, and it could be the technology used from the
radio station. But it works in the two other browsers, on this very
computer, so have a feeling there must be something about Chrome. Could
be some setup issues, yet I do not know where to look for a fix.

If this behavior is general for Chrome, I would have kept my hands off.
For the little browsing activity I have tested Chrome with, it seems OK
enough. But for the radio playing, it is close to useless.

In a few cases, when I have had trouble with certain info not showing up
on given websites, under either IExplorer or Firefox, I have given
Chrome a go.  Hope was that it would show things the other browsers were
unable to process. A known issue, where some pages work better under one
browser than the other. Still, till date, I have never seen any of these
pages behave better under Chrome. Allright, my experience, with my set
of browsing. I do notice others reporting it to work fine, so won't be
able to tell why I am seeing these issues. Just wanted to let you know
my findings, that you at least might be prepared.

http://lists.window-eyes.com/options.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com/steve.jacobson