Hmmm, well, I'm running WE 8.4 on this Dell Windows 7 laptop, and I just got the new Firefox 56.0 update. I checked and it says Firefox 56.0 32 bit. With that version, I just went up to BARD, looked through a couple dozen books, downloaded one book and one magazine. So, at least with the BARD site, the latest version of Firefox is working with my (not quite the latest) version of Window Eyes.
Evan

-----Original Message----- From: Rod Hutton via Talk
Sent: Thursday, October 05, 2017 7:36 PM
To: Window-Eyes Discussion List
Cc: Rod Hutton
Subject: RE: Firefox 56.0 does not work with W E

Hi,

Excellent points.

Thanks very much,

Rod

-----Original Message-----
From: Talk [mailto:talk-bounces+rod_hutton=hotmail....@lists.window-eyes.com] On Behalf Of net bat via Talk
Sent: October 5, 2017 5:47 PM
To: Window-Eyes Discussion List <talk@lists.window-eyes.com>
Cc: net bat <net...@comcast.net>

i would install it to a flash drive first as a mobile version until you find
out if it will work foor you.
one lister could not get the 64bit version to work properly but the 32 bit
worked fine on there 64bit version of windows.
i didn't have to uninstall but that was about 50 versions ago.grin i have never gone back to the consumer version that has to be upgraded every 6 weeks to get
security updates.
but if you do uninstall you would loose your bookmark files and passwords.

-----Original Message----- From: Rod Hutton via Talk