Wasn't it so, that someone is selling a Sapi version of Eloquence?
Wonder if the company was named ATGuys, or something like that.

OK, not exactly as responsive as the dedicated one, but the SAPI version
used to be a bit more clear sounding. And I seem to remember you could
buy a complete version of the Vocalizer voices as well, for not too much
money.

OK, by the time you have bought all the voices, maybe you are facing a
bill much the same as a transmission to Jaws, but you at least can
continue with Window-Eyes. Besides, the voices you now would be owning,
are SAPI versions, meaning you could use them under any software; Like
NVDA.

Go to Jaws, and sure you will get a number of voices and a couple of
synths to choose from - but they are all incorporated with your Jaws,
and can only be used under that screen reader.

Unfortunately, you sooner or later will have to deal with the fact of
WinEyes dropping. We are quite a number who understand your frustration,
and from time to time feel somehow similar. And things doesn't get much
better, when you are forced on Win10, whenever upgrading to new
computers. OK, they say the world is moving ahead, but sometimes we all
wish it had moved a bit slower. Smiles. At least inside the computer
industry.

Though no real solution to your actual issue, I hope the above would
point you in the direction of getting something up running.