Hi Tom:
Sorry about the delay in replying to your message.
How many items are in your inbox, and all your other folders?  I know
that I had the verry same problem a couple of yearss ago and my friend
suggested that I had too many items in all of my folders on my email
page, so rather than take the time to delete them one by one, I
selected the ones I wanted to keep and saved them, then I just did a
mass delete of the rest.

Kevin Huber