Martha,

I have not had the problem you are encountering and I have forwarded some
pretty long emails with lots of parts.  I have run into limits using some
other email programs, though, so it is still possible that you are
encountering that with Becky.  You might want to be sure you are at the
latest version of Becky in case that corrects the issue you are
encountering.

Still, on rare occasions, I have had trouble with Becky, particularly when
running JAWS but also occasionally with Window-Eyes, where things just do
not work right.  When this happens, I have closed Becky completely and
started it again and the problem usually goes away.

I think this is grasping at straws on my part, but you could also make sure
that the default template for forwarding mail is in tact, and you could even
try making a minor change to it in case that causes everything to work as
expected.  However, I don't know anything about the template that would
affect the size of an email being forwarded.  One possibility, though, is
that something is happening when Becky tries to add a character to the
beginning of a line that already has a number of prefix characters added.
You can find the template for replying and forwarding in Becky's general
setup on the Tools menu and on the citation tab.  By default, I think
standard templates are used for replying and for forwarding.  I have a
template for replying set up but no special template for forwarding.  I'm
not completely sure if that means my "reply" template is used or an internal
default template.  My reply template looks like this:

On %d
%f wrote:

%M
%0

I did this to force the line with the date to be separated from the line
that said from whom the message was from.  I forced a blank line between the
"FROM" line and the Message.  The %M represents the body of the message and
the %0 represents the default signature.  There is reference to a list of
other prefix citations, and I don't know what they mean.  I wonder if a
character in the message you are forwarding is triggering some unexpected
behavior.  Experimenting some with settings on the Citation tab might be
worth the effort.

Here's yet another grasp at a straw.  If you are using Window-Eyes, be
certain that the lines you are finding that are blank truly are blank.
Sometimes using the RIGHT ARROW will reveal text on lines that were reported
as "Blank" when one DOWN ARROWS through a document with Window-Eyes.  This
is not specific to Becky, though.  When I have seen this, it is usually when
a line begins with a TAB character in certain cases.  Also, check your
filtering settings in Window-Eyes in case that is introducing some unwanted
behavior.  From your description, the problem sounds like it is within
Becky, but if you are seeing a lot of blank lines instead of text between
headers then there could be a Window-Eyes issue that is preventing the text
from being spoken even though it is actually present.

Good luck!

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson