tom it's weird since on my machine at home using win ver 1803 at work using win ver 1607 even when I am in keyboard settings for me to hear the right thing I must hit enter twice very weird. do you think something wrong with windoweyes defaults? tried reinstalling that no luck.At 04:13 PM 6/1/2018, you wrote:
I have seen this. But it's so rare I can't remember if I figured out why it was happening. I think just exiting the control panel and re-entering it solved the problem. If you're a sleeper, that is, one who never shuts down but only puts the system to sleep for weeks on end, a reboot or cold boot often solves quirky behaviors due to the inevitable memory leaks and other imperfections in an imperfect ecosystem.
Hth,
Tom