Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2018 6:11 AM
To: Rod Hutton via Talk
Cc: Butch Bussen
Subject: trying to run 16 bit programs in 64 bit seven

I decided to upgrade to an hp machine that is windows seven 64 bit.  I'm
finding that many of my favorite programs won't run as they are 16 bit
versions.  I have an old dos version of pc braille that I still like and
use and would run it under 4nt in 32 bit seven or xp command prompt with
no problems.  Wondering if anyone has any suggestions.  I did a bit of
searching and see there is a 64 bit program I think called dos box which
says will run some dos programs.  Has anyone used this and is it usable
with speech.  Does a person have to run vocal-eyes for speech?

I really don't want to give up these programs.  If I had to, would a 32
bit version of seven install on this 664 bit machine which is an hp z 220.

Thanks.

If you want you can write off list to
but...@shellworld.net

or but...@fairpoint.net which will show up as from tiny puppy.

73
Butch
WA0VJR
Node 3148
Wallace, ks.

For membership options, visit http://lists.window-eyes.com/options.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com/netbat%40comcast.net. For subscription options, visit http://lists.window-eyes.com/listinfo.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com List archives can be found at http://lists.window-eyes.com/private.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com