Isn't it under view and choose details in windows explorer?
73
Butch
WA0VJR
Node 3148
Wallace, ks.

On Fri, 7 Feb 2020, Larry Higgins via Talk wrote:

David, I think I know what he is talking about, but I have no solution either. Seems to me however that there is some setting within Windows itself that keeps beginners in mind, meaning that in order to get such users used to the Windows environment, that such descriptions are turned on and off via some setting, but for the life of me, I cannot remember what it is or where it is to be found.

I have the same issue here, and someone on another list suggested that I turn off Tooltips to deal with this annoying extra verbiage. If anybody has any information as to where the setting I am speaking of is located, don't hesitate to put the information out there. This is really a PITA.