WinAmp, is not my shoe number, so cannot offer you any direct help. But
a couple of suggestions that might prove worth a try.

First of all, should it be that you have something messed up in the
Registry, I would suggest running a Registry cleanup. One thing wrong,
likely several other issues will have built their nest in there as well.
So how about for instance CCleaner? Or any other Registry Cleaner you
prefer. Will specially be worth, since you mention there recently have
been some kind of servicing on the computer. Who knows, if the
technician has bothered running a cleanup. Smiles.

Somewhere, and I do not know in Win10, you should be able to unregister
filetypes. Unregistering it, and then attempting to reopen the given
filetyp, you will be asked to pick your default program for the file in
question. Yet, I am not sure if this really is your trouble, since it
seemingly already opens in WinAmp. Still, give it a go.

Does this happen with all your MP3-files? Or, could there be some issue
with particular files? For a moment, try to play the file, with
something else, like Windows Media Player (if that still is around in
Win10). Usually, focusing the MP3 in Explorer, and then hitting the
app-key, or Shift-F10, you will see a choice in the drop-down for
replaying in Media Player. This just to make sure your files have not
gotten corrupted.

Do you have the chance of making a backup? Or at least, make a copy of
your WinAmp folders on your hard drive. Then, in case there is such a
functionality in WinAmp, you might try rolling it back to factory
settings. Does that take care of your issue? If not, simply reinsert
your backed up folders. At least, that works in many software. Though,
WinAmp may have tons of its settings in the registry, and if so, this
approach will delete all your user settings. So be careful what you do.
Smiles.

Of course, there is the fix you suggested yourself, to roll your
computer back to an earlier restore point. Yet, if you'd just had it for
service, and now you roll it back to a point prior to servicing, you
might end up having to call that tech personel once again. At least, you
might want to consider if you should roll back that far, that you know
things were up running smoothly before servicing. That could mean a few
weeks back.   Big challenge then, would of course be to remember when
things ran smoothly last time.

By the way, does WinAmp fool around with any other filetypes? You told
M3U's was no problem, but how about other files?

Does WinAmp have any Email or Online forum? If so, try asking there if
any users have experienced similar troubles. In itself, I don't see how,
or why, WinEyes would be of any trouble in the issue you are facing.
Unless the WinAmp app would have got messed up, but that would be
quickly determined. Simply go to WinEyes Controlpanel, and turn off all
apps - then see if that would be the bottleneck. Very likely not, but
then you at least got something to spend your time and nerves on. Sorry
for the joke. I just meant to say, if you want to turn every stone,
there you have a pebble.

I'd leave to other users of your player, to help you further. These were
just some guess-work suggestions; places I often start when the computer
is playing up on me. Sometimes, even closing the computer all down, and
then letting it cold-boot from scratch, might solve a chunk of naggings.