Hello Larry

Thank you for your reply.  I found Thunderbird became more and more difficult to use after version 60.4.0 and so, I eventually went back to that version.  It works well with my 64 bit laptop apart from the editing problems I mentioned previously.  I agree WE is becoming less and less useful but I often find We works with somethings that other screen readers cannot cope with.  I am intending to keep it on my machines so long as it is useful.

Best wishes

Mike - G0VMG

Mike Gurney