On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 23:11:03 +0100
Lukasz Stelmach <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Robin Paulson wrote:
> >> Ok, how about its administration. To which governor must a mayor of
> >> kansas city suck up? I'm pretty sure that not to both. Maybe the
> >> "metro area" has som independence? Then I would draw it like this.
> >
> > yes, that may be true, but still boundaries at a high level do not
> > have to coincide with boundaries at a low level. i think that was
> > where this all started
>
> My point is that as far as the administration and adminstrative
> boundaries are conserned, they do coincide.

No, they don't. Reading the wikipedia stuff you linked:

"Kansas City is the largest city in the state of Missouri. It
encompasses 318 square miles in parts of Jackson, Clay, Cass, and
Platte counties."

It is fairly common for larger cities and even small towns in the US to
lie in more than one county.