On Monday 21 January 2008 15:20:41 Andy Allan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Jan 21, 2008 10:56 AM, Matt Williams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Marble already has the ability to download a set of low quality Mapnik
> > tiles (about z=8 or something I guess).
>
> Is this just on development versions? I'm running Marble 0.4.0 here,
> but can't figure out if it can do what you say.
>
> Andy

I'm on version 0.5 and I get the data by going to "File -> Download New
Data..." and installing the Mapnik tiles. They can then be used by
chosing "OSM Mapnik" in the "Map View" sidebar.

>From what I remember, this was only added very soon before the release of KDE
4.0.0 so I guess that it may only be available in Marble 0.5. If you compiled
from source, it's easy to update. Otherwise, I guess you can wait for a
distro update.

If you want to talk to the developer's directly, you can find them (tackat or
ingwa) on the [EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing list or in the #kde-edu channel on
irc.freenode.net

Matt