On Jan 24, 2008 5:53 AM, Michael Collinson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> There is a physical correspondence, that is where you stop.  Very
> easy to enter; easy to process in routing algorithms (just count the
> nodes and calculate a penalty?); easy to pull out and put in the
> right place for rendering if desired. The only issue I can see is
> directionality.

This could be solved by adding a stop=yes allways=yes to a junction
node.  If the stop sign exists for only a few of the adjoining roads,
place the stop sign node to the side of the road it's placed on with a
side=right/left tag to account for which side of the road peope drive
on where the node is being placed.

Cheers,

Adam