On Fri, 22 Feb 2008, Jo wrote:

>>> 2. What do I need? PostgreSQL? Python? What else?
>>
>> See http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Mapnik
> It's rather short. Is it really that simple...? How often is the planet file
> generated? Say I would like to have daily updates instead of weekly. Is that
> possible? I guess I should just try it...

You can complecate it more if you want to render things on demand rather
than prerender everything, but thats basicly all thats needed produce a
bunch of tiles.

There are daily and even hourly 'diffs', i dont know if osm2pgsql or any
other tool can update the mapnik database useing them though.

--
Chris Jones, SUCS Admin
http://sucs.org