Hi,

> JOSM does not upload gpx traces for you, neither does
> potlatch. (The "traces" part of the webpage is outside potlatch)
>
> Don't upload converted GPX tracks as OSM data without heavy cleanup.

In my case the original shapefiles are usually in good shape :) Field data
collector software takes care of not storing too many nodes. But the software
has its own native data format and only shapefiles as another output option.
Therefore I need to make conversion to gpx so I can upload the data for
evidence of the origin. Conversion and uploading is not any problem but the
problem is more in how to make it in such a way that other users can utilise my
measuments best. Until now I have just inserted the same timestamp for every
trackpoint. In that case JOSM makes correct data layer, but Potlatch users
cannot get those tracks visible at all because it seems to need advancing
timestamps in order to build a path on screen. With one second increments both
software seem to feel happy.

Regards,

-Jukka Rahkonen-