Blake Crosby wrote:
>Sent: 10 March 2008 6:24 PM
>To: Andy Allan
>Cc: OSM-Talk Openstreetmap
>Subject: Re: [OSM-talk] RFC: golf course
>
>I agree with Andy 100%. In fact, i'm going to use proposal as a template
>for some standards I would like to create for tags in Canada.
>
>I do have one question though. Isn't the scope of OSM to be street maps?
>Isn't adding detailed information about golf courses (hole locations,
>ideal path from tee to hole, etc..) outside the scope of the open street
>map project?

Any type of geographical data is valid and welcome. The humble street map
was the original driver for getting OSM started but its long since past the
point of creating a basic street map in many locations around the world.

So basically, if its information about a physical object, or something that
references that physical object - though I note that golf course holes have
a habit of moving around the green ;-)  - then its worth having it in OSM.

Cheers

Andy