That is brilliant. I am happy to tout for potential students in the
computer science dept at this university, but don't think saying to the
head of computing "Oi, check out this URL" and pointing to the wiki page
will be very fruitfull. Could someone please write a very short blurb to
put it in context - such that it can be emailed or attached?

Something like:

What Google SoC is?

What OSM project is?

What commitment students have to make?

What benefits to students are?

What procedure students have to follow?

Timescale for applying

How mentoring works

I am sure I can think of other places to then use this information to
try to reach potential students.

Sorry, I am not close enough to GSoC to be able to do this part myself,
but also know that Gregory will do same at Durham given the right info,
and I am sure others will be able to do similar.

Cheers

STEVE

Steve Chilton, Learning Support Fellow
Learning and Technical Support Unit Manager
School of Health and Social Sciences
Middlesex University
phone/fax: 020 8411 5355
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]