Why not have them on a street map?  They're highly visible features in real
life, and you can use them as navigation features. Already they're the
thinnest line on our maps (and yes, they're shown on OS maps of the area
too)

This is the pub on your map, showing how 'turn at the power lines' is a
pretty good description of getting to middleton road:
http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/24434