Frederik Ramm wrote:

>> PS: is there any work being done into finally properly supporting
>> route
>> relations in the editors? It still randomly happens now and then that
>> routes get broken because an editor lets a user split or join roads
>> with relations on them.
>
> I have ideas how to handle this in JOSM but haven't done anything
> about them yet. For Potlatch, I think I read that there's a pending
> 0.8 release that works with (certain types of) relations.

Yep, Potlatch 0.8 has good relations support (thanks to Dave Stubbs)
and should be available as soon as TomH returns and can deploy it.

It's worth pointing out that Potlatch will never _forbid_ you from
joining or splitting a way because of any properties of that way.
Popping up an alert saying "You can't do that due to some weird data-
model magic that you probably don't understand" is bad UI. The design
philosophy is, rather, to make it clear what you've done.

cheers
Richard