It's common in Sweden to have wide sidewalks divided into half
footway, half cycleway.  This can happen on either or both sides
of the street. Should this be tagged as highway=*;cycleway=lane?
Technically speaking it isn't a lane because it's above the curb.

How can I indicate which (or both) sides of the street it applies
to? If it's only on one side, how can I indicate this?

The page [[Proposed features/Sidewalk]] proposes sidewalk=right.
Should this be used for cycleway too?  A user comment on that page
mentions cycleway:right=lane.  Is that a common use, that needs to
be documented?

The page [[Cycleway]] instead talks of lane_left and lane_right.

The same page also mentions the "width" key, but what are some
useful values for this key?  In the case of two wide sidewalks
that allow bikes, some separating grass, and double street lanes,
should the width be the total width (in metres) from wall to wall?

--
  Lars Aronsson ([EMAIL PROTECTED])