On 26/03/2008, Mark Williams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Lars Aronsson wrote:
>  [some serious stuff]
>

>  > Also, returning to cycle lanes, the "secondary" road
>  > Malmslättsvägen is now marked with cycleway=lane, but this doesn't
>  > show on the map here.  And how can I indicate that this bus stop
>  > is only on the southern side of the street (buses going east)?
>  > Buses going in the other direction stop at another place.
>  >

> Put the bus stop off the road, on the pavement. It doesn't have to be a
>  highway node as such.

Its perhaps not ideal to place the bus_stop off to the side of the
highway since the stop is part of the highway. Off to the side means
that it is more difficult to include the feature in routing and when
marking up routes on a bespoke map. However the problem of which side
of the street is real and when I started adding bus_stop's in
Birmingham I wondered too how I would do it. In the end I took the
lead from the bus stop signage itself. Here they not only have their
location (normally the name of the road they are on plus the name of a
nearby cross street or major land feature) but also "towards"
information. So I've been tagging nodes (as part of the highway) for
each stop  with something like this:

highway=bus_stop
location=Birmingham Road, Driffold
towards=Sutton Coldfield
route_ref=104|104A|905|905X
shelter=true
ref=053201

I believe the "towards" should work because the place names would be
expected to be in the database (once the map is complete)

Cheers

Andy

>  > "Micromapping" is fun.  I want zoom=18 now.  Hmmm... and higher
>  > GPS accuracy.
>  >
>  >

Andy Robinson