After more than two years in OSM, I am in the conclusion that OSMers are
a subversive bunch!

Garmin eTrex manual: Do not attempt to use the eTrex for any purpose
requiring precise measurement of direction, distance, location, or
topography
OSMer: Why not?  We use it for mapping roads, landuse, trees, etc. We
even use it for "micro mapping".

Government/Geo-corporate tards:  Only WE can create, maintain,
distribute geodata.  You pay/give tax to get data.
OSMer: Heck, I have a bike, I'll make my own data.

OGC tards: Geodata should conform to a xxxx pages of specification.
OSMer:  Heh! I'll map it my way. I'll tag it my way.  Render it my
way!

cheers,

maning

categories: fun, OSM