On Sunday 30 March 2008, Frederik Ramm wrote:
> I'm trying to cut stuff exactly at the border, in case people want to
> run statistics (how many miles of road in France, etc). If my border
> polygons are wrong, I'm happy to convert them to .osm files for you
> and ask you to fix them in JOSM (most of the border polygons I use
> are directly from the DCW web site).

The data seems to be off several kilometers now and then. It sometimes
looks like big lines when in fact the border has lots of little corners
etc. You could compare your data to the borders of the Netherlands that
came with the AND import, which has considerable better data.

> I was also planning to offer alternative downloads that have a
> country's full bounding box instead of the exact borders. Would that
> be good for you?

Yes please, I guess that's the way needed to render pretty maps :-)

Greetings
Ben