Hello,

It's a good idea to tag buoys, but there are very many types. So you should think carefully about what you want and what you don't want to tag. I've extracted a list of types from the Dutch Notices to Mariners: http://squall.student.utwente.nl/betonning/types.xml. It shows quite some possible types. Please don't copy the images from this page, as I don't know if these have any copyright. Besides that, IMO starboard and port are not a good way to specify the type of a buoy. That is because in the Netherlands buoys are placed in the downstream direction, with green at the port side. However, at sea they are placed towards land, with green at the starboard side. So in fact you don't see the difference, only the definition is different. That's why starboard and port are not well defined.

Steven