Dave,

>From what I've seen, yes. Or at least for Santa Clara County,
California. To bolster this, the main "edge" files do not contain street
address ranges in the 2007 data, but the US Census Bureau gives as one
of the two possible options of adding this information to the file is
taking the address ranges from the 2006 TIGER/Line data by matching on
the tlid field. A pretty good indication that the tlid fields match.

Dan

On Fri, 2008-04-04 at 10:31 -0700, Dave Hansen wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-04-04 at 09:12 -0400, Christopher Schmidt wrote:
> > That is exactly what I am suggesting, based on an examination of the
> > objects in the area you're looking at: all of them have been updated
> > several times (as the history URL above demonstrates) by a single user
> > in what seems to clearly be a cleanup effort. (This was based on using
> > an OpenLayers map to select 10 different streets based on the lonlat I
> > observed in your JOSM instance and view the history for each.)
>
> If this is true, then we can probably go back and fix it.  We have all
> of the TIGER tlid (unique ids) for all of the uploaded data.  Have those
> remained the same in the new TIGER data?
>
> -- Dave

Dan Putler
Sauder School of Business
University of British Columbia