Hi. It's nice to see the Water Cover page anticipate a tagging question :)

Just looking at wikipedia, they say that beaches need to be formed by
gradual deposit of solids from dissolved in waves, which means (a) rocky
shorelines might not be a beach, and (b) definition of beach is confusing
enough that "rocky surface covered by tidal water" is a nice neat
unambiguous description of the feature.

Whether anything renders it is another matter... ;)

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beach#Beach_formation