On Thu, 2008-04-17 at 00:26 +0100, Dermot McNally wrote:
> To anyone who can show me what I broke:
>
> http://geo.topf.org/comparison/index.html?mt0=mapnik&mt1=tah&x=971&y=657&z=11
>
> I worked on this pair of lakes in NW Ireland a few days ago. The
> Osmarender output is broken, but I decided to wait for Mapnik to
> re-render before panicking. Let the panic begin...

> Before I started, the lakes were represented as an extremely deep
> "inlet", whereby the original import of the Irish coastline had simply
> followed the river Moy inland. The islands in the lakes where
> similarly modelled by coastline ways pointing in the correct
> direction. It all looked OK apart from the rivers, which were broken
> up and a bit ugly.

When the lakes were tagged with natural=coastline they would have been
rendered via the coastline polygon shapefiles. I last updated the
shapefiles used by the Mapnik layer on April 8th. If these lakes had the
coastline tags before on this date then they will still render as 'sea'
until I next import the shapefiles.

I typically update the shapefiles used by mapnik every week or two
depending on whether I notice any significant differences in the
coastline checker.

        Jon