2008/4/18 Steve Hill <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > structure=pole
> > highway=bus_stop
> > amenity=post_box
> >

>  Ok, but you still have a potential conflict here.  Hypothetically, you
> could have a "timetable" tag which applies to both a bus stop (tells you
> when busses arrive) and a post box (when is the post collected?).  A neat
> solution is to have "bus_stop:timetable" and "post_box:timetable".

sorry, i should have made that clearer. i would do this as 3 separate
items, maybe as a relation (slight overkill, but anyway). the relation
would contain 3 nodes, one for the pole, one for the bus stop and one
for the post box. thus each can have it's own timetable without any
confusion. i would never tag one point (or way) as two separate items,
that's asking for trouble, even if the tags don't clash

technically this is wrong (not all 3 nodes can easily share the same
point and still be editable), but i don't see a huge problem in 2 of
them being slightly offset