On Thu, 2008-04-24 at 15:01 +0300, Lauri Hahne wrote:

> 2008/4/24 Juan Lucas Dominguez Rubio <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>         Hi,
>
>         In Mapnik zooms 7, 8 and 9, most of the isle of Cuba is under
>         the water. Is there anything I can do to fix this? Should I
>         provide a hand-made shapefile or something? Thanks.
>
>         Lucas
>

> It looks ok at http://tile.openstreetmap.nl/coastlines.html so maybe
> you should just wait till the mapnik shapefiles are updated.

It is not quite as simple as that. Zoom 7 - 9 use a shapefile derived
from vmap0 that is not normally updated (see [1]).

This weeks Mapnik tiles should finish rendering tomorrow. This weekend
I'll try updating the style to use the OSM derived shapefiles for zoom 7
+ and re-render the 7 - 9 tiles.

It may be too slow to render the tiles with these detailed shapefiles.
If so, we may need to perform some simplification on the shapefile to
optimise the rendering performance.

        Jon

[1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Coastline#Main_Mapnik_Layer