On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 12:12 PM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Hi there,
> >
> > hey dude, what's that
> > http://openstreetmap.org/user/wwwFrank/traces/104165??
> >
> > --
> > Steven Le Roux
> > Jabber-ID : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> I think that this is a load of waypoints turned into a track.
>
> This type track makes an area unworkable when made public. The mess of gps
> tracks conceals the more 'sensible' tracks, and thus should be strongly
> discouraged from being uploaded (and make public).
>
> Go to:
>
> http://openstreetmap.org/edit?lat=52.2911315395146&lon=8.54396750234422&zoom=14
> in potlatch and press 'g'
>
> Is there any way to prevent particular GPS tracks being displayed in
> potlatch? I know you can limit to your own with 'G' or edit just 1
> specific track, but is there something in between all and one?
>
> Once made 'permanently public', can the user/admins remove a track?
> Simon.

Or maybe the tracks need a moderation/voting system. If the tracks are voted
down below a certain threshold, they won't be downloaded? Would need some
careful thought to prevent malicious voting down of good tracks, though.
Even if the editors had a way to hide certain tracks, that would be helpful.
I've seen a few low-quality tracks in my area that I would like to make go
away.

Karl