Am Sonntag 04 Mai 2008 schrieb Shaun McDonald:
> On 3 May 2008, at 23:30, Hanno Böck wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to compile mapnik on gentoo with postgis support.
> > scons always says:
> > Checking for C library proj... yes
> > Checking for C library iconv... no
>
> nor can it find the iconv library.
>
> In general, for dependancies, you use your software install system to
> install the dev package of the dependancy.

As Gentoo is a source distribution, it doesn't have separate dev packages.
Both postgres/postgis and iconv (which is part of glibc) are installed via
the system package management.

--
Hanno Böck              Blog:           http://www.hboeck.de/
GPG: 3DBD3B20           Jabber/Mail:    [EMAIL PROTECTED]