On 9 May 2008, at 14:56, Juan Lucas Dominguez Rubio wrote:

Hi,
the last line of your messge looks like a triple parallelism. Just to be precise: we are tagging 'autopistas' and 'autovias' as motorways, 'carreteras nacionales' as trunks and main regional roads as primary (for example, the roads linking Catalan cities to the Pyrenees)... just in case you are mapping something in Spain :-P

It's funny to see you say 'carretera general', that's old-fashion language, often heard in the rural Spain.

Wow, who'd have thought Open Street Map would improve my Spanish? I stand corrected. I just took the old-fashioned language from a road map I bought on holiday about 10 years ago to illustrate a point. Sadly, my Spanish does not extend much beyond ordering two beers or telling the waiter 'La mesa no es limpa' (if I remember the holiday Spanish phrase book correctly). I never encountered a dirty table in Spain, so never had chance to try this one :-(