Raphael Studer wrote:
>>> Does someone care about this proposal?
>> Yes, sorry, I'll move it to a vote RSN.
>
> Maybe you should wait some days. There is some activity on the talk
> page cause of the Bridge_and_Tunnels Relations proposal:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Relations/Proposed/Bridges_and_Tunnels

A proper definition of what a relation is may be a good start ;(
I don't see why a single mapped element should be defined as a 'relation'. A
relation would be used to join a number of mapped elements making up a bridge,
as where several ways make up the one 'bridge' such as some complex motorway
junctions. Adding AREAS to the equation simply reopens the debate whether
EVERY way should properly define it's area. i.e. roads carriageways making up
the bridge should have widths as well.
And then add multi-deck bridges and roadways which are single ways on top of
one another ;)

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL