On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 10:53 AM, Cartinus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> So to sum it up: Do the ways currently tagged with "bridleway" conform to your
> narrow definition or is there already no data to loose, because it is already
> use for ways which are physically, but not legally paths for horses.

I would consider all the existing tagging as of suspect
interpretation. For example, foot=yes is almost entirely meaningless
as "right of pedestrian access enshrined in law" since it's been added
by default to every highway=footway in potlatch for some time.

But then again, it's a wiki, so all the data will always be of
"suspect interpretation" to a greater or lesser extent :-)

Cheers,
Andy