> At 01:04 AM 21/05/2008, Andy Allan wrote:
>
> For things specific to cyclists, I use description:bicycle=

As the Cycle maps use relations to tie the various way together into a
route, I believe that any route specific information should be contained
in the relation rather than in the underlying OSM data. In which case it
must be associated with a 'stop' in the relation/route.

A base-map node with (possibly multiple) descriptions such as 'turn left'
and 'turn right' make no sense.

If the Garmin (or other) GPS support a 'mouse over' or a 'click for info'
capability that would be really cool.
Simon