On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 07:18:10PM +0200, Christoph Eckert wrote:
> > I wonder if this could be the reason why the number of tiles being
> > served jumped up to about 4 times the normal level an hour ago?
>
> maybe it has to do with a heise.de posting:
>
> http://www.heise.de/newsticker/GPS-Geraete-kostenlos-fuer-OpenStreetMap-Aktionen--/meldung/108392

I send out a press release about the school project and the fact that we
now have 10 Garmin GPSes which can be borrowed a few hours ago. The Heise news
ticker (which is probably the largest IT news site in Germany) picked it
up. Since about 90 minutes ago 2000 people have clicked through to
openstreetmap.de alone and many others will have clicked through to
openstreetmap.org (both are linked from the article).

Jochen
--
Jochen Topf  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://www.remote.org/jochen/  +49-721-388298