On May 31, 2008, at 02:16, Robin Paulson wrote:
> the first one shows the area containing a rugby stadium, with the
> individual stands mapped and tagged as buildings. is there any reason
> why some of the stands (southern and terraces in particular) appear to
> be defined by two polygons (there's only one actually drawn there)?
> there seems to be one which faithfully follows the ways drawn in
> potlatch, and another which has been 'rounded'.

I believe angles >90 degrees are being rounded, which seems wrong for
most areas at least. Maybe start rounding at 150 degrees, if at all?
Probably even for roads, you'd put enough nodes in a bend to have each
angle above, say, 120 degrees.

Unfortunately, I can't find the spot in the osmarender source where
this is done.

Cheers
Rob