Jochen Topf wrote:

> On a related note: I created the current openstreetmap.de website which
> lacks edit support. Does it make sense to integrate Potlatch into that
> web page? Would it be hard to do?

Sounds really good.

There are three potential issues, I think.

One is that Potlatch calls its API via relative URLs rather than
absolute URLs. This could be fixed by an alternate build (the compile
script already supports different URLs, for local testing), or even by
adding support to pass the URLs in through JavaScript, which would be
trivial.

The second is that usually Potlatch authenticates by the Rails site
token (which obviously you won't have), rather than by username &
password. However, there is support in there for supplying
"username+password" (i.e. +-separated) instead of a token. I added
this yonks ago for Nick Whitelegg, but to the best of my knowledge
it's never been used; it should work.

The third is that some background layers _may_ be sniffy if their
crossdomain.xml only permits connections from openstreetmap.org, i.e.
not openstreetmap.de. In reality most probably permit connections from
all, and the Yahoo imagery will work anyway.

cheers
Richard