On Tue, 10 Jun 2008, Andy Robinson (blackadder-lists) wrote:

>> From my experience you get lots of questions so best keep the presentation
> simple and allow enough time to answer stuff. You might also find you get
> questions regarding the "free" aspect of the project and the licence.

Yes, be prepared for the usual "why not just use Google?" questions.  I
did a short lightning talk on OSM at my local LUG a few months ago and
being able to cite uses of the data other than the plain slippymap was
quite good (such as the Welsh language version (as I am in Wales :), the
cyclemap, the pistemap, the ability to use the data for satnav projects,
etc.).

The level of interest seemed quite high at the time, but sadly I don't
think we've got any new mappers from that group. :(

I shall try and dig out the slides I wrote, but basically I briefly talked
out the benefits of the project over commercial maps and how the surveying
is actually done.

  - Steve
    xmpp:[EMAIL PROTECTED]   sip:[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://www.nexusuk.org/