This isn't strictly OSM-related, but I do use my Bluetooth GPS unit to take
tracks with my smartphone, so I suppose it applies. I'm just looking at this
Navman unit with the SS3 chipset, it's got good reviews and apparently it's
quite sensitive - but more importantly, is it accurate?

Does the SiRFstar III chipset have a tendency to 'drift' when you're
travelling at slow velocities (like my SS2-based QStarz receiver does?) I
think my old receiver gets confused with bounce off high buildings too, so
I'm wondering whether the SS3 chipset improves on these problems or whether
it's one to avoid.

Any comments?

Cheers,
Christopher