Hiroshi Miura wrote:
> Dear mappers,
>
> I'm afraid I've mistaken sending a Japanese message here
> which should be send to talk-ja.
>
> In talk-ja, we discuss how to avoid political editing,
> inspired by discussion about China and Taiwan.
> Of coarse, maybe we should be neutral.
>
> Can anyone point out where is good reference for it?

Not a reference, but there has been discussion over actions in the Cyprus area
of the map and similar problems elsewhere.
I think the 'discussion with editors' approach has been working in Cyprus (
although I stand to be corrected ? ) as there is no way of blocking problem
editing. Even when it's accidental.
Rolling back inappropriate changes has been done, but the persuasion of
editors to 'play within the rules' is the best way forward in the absence of
being ABLE to block editing of areas except by approved editors.

I think need to 'legislate' in software has been avoided to far, but if other
'politically sensitive' areas need help - that may need reviewing again?

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL