On Fri, Aug 01, 2008 at 02:37:19PM +0530, Kenneth Gonsalves wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been facing problems mapping grass. The only mention of grass
> in map features is village_green. My Josm also shows landuse=grass,
> but this is not on the map features page. [...]
> I feel all these can be brought under one scheme - but not sure how
> to do it. Suggestions?

There's a proposal for Golf Course grass at
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Proposed_features/Golf_course#Grass__.28areas.29

For the cricket pitch, sport=cricket would seem obvious, otherwise the
proposed landuse=grass is already rendered by osmarender
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Proposed_features/Misc._urban_open_space
and you could add a further tag grass=mown/wild/whatever if you really
wanted to differentiate.