Hi Bob,

Use the information on the ground. You will usually find signs welcoming you to the new area. It may be a few hundred metres either side, so look for the change in tar quality. You may also find that bin mapping is an option since the council often puts their name on the bins. (In Ireland you need to do bin mapping to get the names of the streets, rather than the boundaries).

Shaun

Bob Hawkins wrote:
I wonder from where most people obtain their administrative boundaries to digitise for OSM? The most prevalent source is Ordnance Survey, but that current data is copyrighted, of course. I am particularly interested in civil parish boundaries, then in local authority boundaries to build up areas of interest and coverage. Can anyone help? With regards, Bob Hawkins