Hi Ian,
How much precision do you want/need? And apart from the fun of it, does it
actually benefit OSM going to these lengths?

If you were in Alberta I might be able to get some 'test time' on a couple
of dual frequency units....

Mungewell.

PS. Some of the Garmin units can be put into a 'test' mode where they spit
out raw data, which can be post processed. But then you are limited by the
crappy patch antenna and the quality of the receiver electronics.