Patrick Weber <p.weber <at> ucl.ac.uk> writes:

> Hi
>
> I have setup a local WMS server on my machine which I want to make use
> of in JOSM for some local aerial imagery I have. I installed the JOSM
> WMS plugin, and it allows me to use the predefined WMS Servers (for
> example the Landsat one works).
> I do have trouble though with setting up my local wms server. I tried
> setting up the connection string in the plugin preferences, but I never
> get imagery in JOSM. I can add the custom layer to Josm, but no imagery
> ever shows up. I dont get any error messages though.
>
> The connection string I am using at the moment is:

http://localhost/echternach/wms.asp?request=GetMap&layers=VE&styles=&srs=EPSG:4326&format=image/

It is close to a complete WMS request.  Try adding parameters
&service=WMS&version=1.1.0
and complete image format to something reasonable, like
&format=image/png or &format=image/jpeg

After those changes it might work.  For comparison, here is a working connection
string for UMN MapServer running at localhost and installed from the most common
Windows package MS4W.  Here &map is MapServer specific vendor parameter that is
not used by other WMS servers.

http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?service=WMS&version=1.1.1&request=GetMap&layers=local_image&srs=EPSG:4326&format=image/jpeg&map=c:/ms4w/apps/maps/osm.map