In the Talk page of that wiki entry, there is a proposal for lots of
different fuel types, for example fuel_lpg:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Talk:Tag:amenity%3Dfuel#For_Cars

I now added a link from the wiki page of amenity=fuel to the talk page
so that this information can be easily found.

Ralf
Munich, Germany